Effective June 22, 2017, UIA clients, i.e. passengers traveling with infants/children or pets, unaccompanied minors, passengers with special needs including those who require special assistance and/or additional oxygen during the flight, as well as passengers carrying weapon, are provided with an opportunity to check-in online either on UIA website or via UIA Web Check-in App.
Web check-in for UIA services opens 48 hours prior to scheduled departure. Exceptions:
• 24 hours prior to scheduled departure for services from New York, flights from Kiev to Brussels, and all charter flights;
• 18 hours prior to scheduled departure for services from Brussels.
Web check-in for UIA services closes 40 minutes prior to scheduled departure. Exceptions:
• 4 hours prior to scheduled departure for services from New York;
• 3 hours prior to scheduled departure for services from Tel Aviv and Zaporizhzhia.
Alternatively, UIA offers the Auto Check-in service. The option is available for passengers who submitted correct passport and contact details when booking their tickets and did not check-in online 12 and 4 hours prior to departure of their scheduled and charter flights respectively. In this case, passengers are checked-in and e-mailed their boarding passes automatically.
Currently, Auto Check-in is available for Economy Class passengers of UIA PS services except for:
• Flights to Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, New York;
• Flights departing from Alicante, Brussels, Valencia, Palma de Mallorca, Tehran, Dubai and Palanga.
Once checked-in, either online or automatically, passengers are required to save their e-boarding passes to any portable device or print them out.
Once at the origin airport, the abovementioned passenger categories are required to head to a check-in counter to clear through pre-flight documentary formalities. Passengers traveling with infants/children may proceed straight to aviation security with further clearance by an immigration control officer.