On November 8, 2020, the day of the winegrower and winemaker, the Wine Guide of Ukraine announced 208 positions of the best Ukrainian wines, winners of tastings, which will be included in the book of 2020.
This year, the organizers open for their readers not only new samples of wine, but also new wineries from different regions of Ukraine. Among them: TM “Leleka Wines”, “46 Parallel Wine Group”, “Home Wine From Boris”, “Stakhovsky Wines”, “Biologist Craft Winery”, JSC “Artwinery” and many others.
From August to September 2020, the Wine Guide Team under the patronage of the Reikartz Hotel Group hotel chain in partnership with the Ukrainian Sommelier Association, the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Ukrvinprom, Ukrsadvinprom and VAVPSV tasted and evaluated over 300 wine samples.
According to the results of calculations:
– 153 wines received from 80 to 84 points and a bronze medal;
– 53 wines were awarded from 85 to 89 points and a silver medal;
– 2 samples of wine received from 90 to 100 points and a gold medal.
The best wines of 2020, which received a gold medal, were:
- Grand Admiral Merlot from 46 Parallel Wine Group, which received 91 points;
- Reserve Merlot from Shabo Industrial and Trade Company, which received 90 points.
A complete list of awarded wines with points has already been published on the website of the Wine Guide of Ukraine in the section “Awarded wines 2020“.