Layovers are well known to be anything but fun, it is often a necessary evil of less expensive air travel. But these stopovers don’t have to be purgatory for fast food consumption and awkward floor-snoozing. Many airports provide comfortable accommodations for passengers including snooze zones, free showers, and plenty of food options.
Changi, for example, has movie theaters, a butterfly garden, a 40-foot slide, a rooftop pool and other fun distractions, Schiphol Amsterdam Airport has free Wi-Fi and multiple spas. Dubai International Airport has the world’s largest duty-free shop at 58,000 square feet, open-air gardens and the G-Force gym (open 24/7, with a pool and showers).
- Singapore Changi International Airport, Singapore (SIN)
- Seoul Incheon International Airport, South Korea (ICN)
- Munich International Airport, Germany (MUC)
- Zurich Kloten International Airport, Switzerland (ZRH)
- Doha Hamad International Airport, Qatar (DOH)
- Vancouver International Airport, Canada (YVR)
- Helsinki Vantaa Airport, Finland (HEL)
- Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong (HKG)
- Amsterdam Schiphol International Airport, Netherlands (AMS)
- Dubai International Airport, United Arab Emirates (DXB)