Hasidic pilgrimage to Uman, Ukraine

Hasidic pilgrimage to Uman, Ukraine

On the eve of the Jewish New Year Rosh Hashanah, celebrated on September 21-22, Hasidim starts their traditional pilgrimage to Ukraine, to the burial site of Rebbe Nachman of Breslov, located on the former site of the Jewish cemetery in a rebuilt synagogue. From September 16 to September 24, 2017, International Airport “Kiev” serves 134 flights and about 15 500 thousand pilgrims who come from different countries to celebrate Rosh Hashanah. The great majority have come from…

Read More

United Airlines opens service to Porto, Portugal and Reykjavik, Iceland

United Airlines opens service to Porto, Portugal and Reykjavik, Iceland

United Airlines (UAL) today announced new nonstop seasonal service to four popular European destinations including Reykjavik, Iceland, Porto, Portugal, Edinburgh, Scotland, and Zurich, Switzerland. United’s 2018 summer schedule offers more options for United customers from more than 100 North American cities to conveniently connect to Europe with just one stop in New York/Newark, San Francisco or Washington/Dulles hubs. Subject to government approval. These flights are now available for purchase. In addition to United’s new summer…

Read More

Kharkiv international airport: increase in passenger flow

Kharkiv international airport: increase in passenger flow

In August 2017 86,2 thousand passengers used the services of Kharkiv international airport. 83% of them flew abroad and 17% – within the country. Comparing to last August the passenger flow increased by 25%: last year it was 68,8 thousand people. The overall passenger flow of the eight months of 2017 reached 537,5 thousand passengers. It is 42% more than during the same period last year, when 379,4 thousand people traveled by air. The most…

Read More

UIA will charge passengers for issuing boarding passes at the check-in desk

UIA will charge passengers for issuing boarding passes at the check-in desk

Effective October 1, Ukraine International Airlines will charge Economy Class passengers traveling on domestic and medium-haul international flights for issuing boarding passes at the check-in desk at the airport.   All UIA passengers including passengers traveling with infants/children or pets, unaccompanied minors, passengers with special needs including those who require special assistance and/or additional oxygen during the flight, as well as passengers carrying weapon, are provided with an opportunity to check-in online free of charge…

Read More

Ukraine expanded rail connections with Poland

Ukraine expanded rail connections with Poland

Ukrainian Railways Intercity+ service has launched from Przemyśl to Kyiv via Lviv, Ternopil and Vinnytsia on August 24, 2017. This service is focused on serving communities along the route. On 23th of December 2016  high-speed Intercity+ Train Przemysl – Lviv – Kiev was launched. This service was intended to offer a fast connection between the end points (7 hours and 7 minutes).  

Read More

Ernest Airlines to connect Ukraine and Italy

Ernest Airlines to connect Ukraine and Italy

Italian low-cost carrier will launch flights from two Ukrainian cities Kiev and Lviv in December 2017. Ernest Airlines will connect Kiev with Bergamo and Naples and Lviv with Bergamo, Naples and Venice. Flights from Kiev to Bergamo start on December 4, while in Naples – on December 9 and will be operated twice a week on Mondays and Saturdays. During the New Year holidays, the airline will temporarily add a third flight on Wednesdays. Flights from…

Read More

UIA launches scheduled services to Africa

UIA launches scheduled services to Africa

In spring 2018, Ukraine International Airlines will map a new destination on its flight network in Africa – Cairo. The leading Ukraine`s carrier will launch scheduled services between the capitals of Ukraine and E gypt. Tickets are available on UIA website, at the carrier`s Contact Center, UIA ticket offices, and authorized travel agencies. Effective April 6, the carrier will be operating four weekly flights to/from Cairo International Airport on Boeing 737-800 and Boeing 737-900 aircraft…

Read More

Wizz Air launches 5 new routes from Kyiv

Wizz Air launches 5 new routes from Kyiv

Wizz Air launched 5 new routes past weekend from Kyiv to Poland, Germany and Denmark, together with celebrating the deployment of the second Airbus A320 to the Kyiv WIZZ base. The newest routes from Kyiv to Copenhagen, Frankfurt Hahn, Nuremberg, Lublin and Poznan will bring more affordable opportunities to travel, with prices starting from low as UAH 479, while the Kyiv network now consists of 21 low-fare connections. This year, WIZZ expanded its Ukrainian network…

Read More
1 2 3 54